Wednesday, March 12, 2008

If It Feels Good, Do It?

I spent today in and out of schools. I met a principal who's terrified that if his school shows students how to use condoms, they will start having sex with everyone they can find. Then he complained to me about teen pregnancy rates.

Schools here would get more done if the teachers demonstrated how to unroll a condom and the nurses treated everyone's syphilis. Teen pregnancy and transmission of HIV would both drop. There. Now everyone knows my politics.

It just occurred to me that I've chosen the least sexy way to study sex. Alfred Kinsey was one lucky mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Kinsey started out watching gall wasps reproduce, which is possibly less sexy then what you're doing right now.

And speaking of STD's.... something like 20% of teenage girls in a study in Chicago turned out to have HPV.

-julian